Features of performance
- Input voltage up to 1,200 V
- Load current up to 2,700 A
- Power from 600 W to 28,800 W
- Temporary power overload capacity, depending on model
- Models with integrated zero-volt supply - PLIxxxxZV
- Models with several current seting and measuring ranges - PLIxxxxMR
- High power density up to 2,100 W in 2 U (3,200 W in 3 U)
- Ethernet + USB + RS-232 + CAN as standard (GPIB optional)
- Intuitive operation
- Quick operation by shortcuts
- Setting toggling
- Constant current, voltage, resistance and power mode
- MPP Tracking function
- Digital Master-Slave operation
- Energy storage test
- Internal resistance measurement
- Protections for overcurrent and undervoltage
- Dynamic loads
- Trigger model
- SCPI programming with synchronous measurement
- USB MSD as measurement data memory
- Electronic protection
- Analog monitoring outputs for voltage and current
- Analog control input
- Digital input and programmable control output
- Silent fan cooling
- Settings saving
- Bilingual help system (German and English)
- 2 free calibrations
DescriptionThe PLI series of electronic loads provide a comfortable operation by a graphical user interface. The PLI series highlight is the extensive variety of standard interfaces. Apart from Ethernet, USB, RS-232 and Analog interface there is a standard CAN interface. Programming is done in SCPI syntax.
FunctionsThe units provide constant current mode, constant voltage mode, constant power mode and constant resistance mode. In addition, protections for current and voltage can be set in any mode. A static data acquisition function allows to store measurement data on an external USB flash drive. Dynamic operation can be configured by up to 300 list point settings. The Electronic Load saves the synchronously acquired measurement data with timestamp. A configurable trigger model controls data acquisition, static and dynamic settings.
Zero-Volt Models - PLIxxxxZVSpecial applications, such as fuel cell tests, need to load the DUT down to almost 0 V. For these purposes we supply a range of models with an integrated zero-volt supply. When I/O port signals are to be used, the GND of the I/O port must be galvanically isolated from the negative load input. Therefore we recommend to install the optional galvanically isolated I/O port (option PLI06) at these models.
Multi-Range Models - PLIxxxxMRA model variant with 3 or 4 "real" current ranges allows the setting and measurement of current, power and resistance over a wide range of values with high resolution and accuracy. Especially solar and PV applications have high requirements at this point. The ranges are graduated with factor 10 each.
- Energy Storage Test/Discharge Function
- Internal Resistance Measurement
- Watchdog Function
- MPP Tracking (Optional)
Loading CapacityThe model range covers power classes from 600 W, up to 28,000 W continuous power rating. In addition the models up to 300 V have an overload capability. The height and duration of the possible overload depends on the temperature of the power stage. The unit indicates the currently possible overload. Therefore the units can be used even for considerably more powerful applications.
- Current limitation
- Power limitation
- Overtemperature protection
- Undervoltage indicator
- Protection of the GND lines at the Analog I/O Port
Data InterfacesThe following interfaces are included as standard or optionally:
- GPIB (option PLI02)
Analog I/O PortThe standard Analog I/O Port provides the following functions:
- Load setting C and V
- Analog setting the C and V protections
- Load on-off
- Voltage monitor output
- Current monitor output
- Trigger input
- Trigger output
- Digital input and programmable control output
Galvanically Isolated Analog I/O PortFor the galvanic isolation between the Analog I/O Port and the load terminals the PLI06 option can be installed. Isolation voltage is 800 V. Using this board also prevents ground loops.
Help SystemA help system for most menu items is integrated in the user interface. The help system's language can be set to German or English.
CalibrationA free Factory Calibration Certificate (FCC) is supplied with the devices. The calibration process is subject to supervision in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001. The calibration certificate documents the traceability to national standards to illustrate the physical device in accordance with the international System of Units (SI). Within the 2-year warranty period, we will calibrate a second time free of charge if a completed satisfaction rating is available for the respective device.
DocumentationWe supply a user manual as pdf file and printed General Safety Instructions, each in German and English.
Software tool (old revision) to control PLI loads with firmware revision from AI2.7 DI2.7 UI2.7 to AI2.9 DI2.9 UI2.9